Check out the following websites.
The University of Manchester
- Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance services to current students, staff and recent graduates of The University of Manchester. They can help you to research your career options, find out about employers, look for work experience and much more.
- Career Kick Start is designed to help you to get you thinking about your career and decide what to do next. You complete 10 multiple-choice questions and then receive feedback and suggestions based on your responses.
- Student Enterprise is a key part of the Enterprise Centre activities. The Enterprise Centre facilitates Learning and Curriculum innovation throughout the University of Manchester. The role of Student Enterprise is to involve students at every level of this development process.
- Crucial Guide Live includes essential advice, guidance and information for students.
- Counselling Service provides confidential help with any personal issues affecting work, self esteem, relationships, mental health or general well being. No problem is too small and getting help early can save stress and problems later on.
- Equality and Diversity helps to provide a positive working and learning environment free from discrimination, harassment, or victimisation, where all staff and students are treated with respect and dignity
- UK Resource Centre for Women in SET is the official website funded by the Department of Trade and Industry as part of their Strategy for Women in Science, Engineering and Technology
- Athena is a recognition scheme for UK universities and their science, engineering and technology (SET) departments. It aims to assist the recruitment, retention and progression of women in SET.
- GetSETWomen database provides the media and other organisations with access to hundreds of women at various stages in their science, engineering and technology careers who have registered their details and can be approached for promotional and work related opportunities.
- GETSETWomen Blogs - Each month there is a different blogger who is a woman working in science, engineering and technology.
- Manchester Girl Geek Events and Activities for like-minded women interested in Science, Engineering and Technology to meet, network, learn from each other and listen to a speaker.
- Inspirational Women Scientists - Read their profiles and vote for your favourite.
- Women in North West Engineering These pages are centred around a research project examining, analysing and evaluating working practices and occupational culture in engineering organisations in the North West, aiming to produce policies and strategies to influence and improve the working practices of companies in the sector.
- Women in Technology: Careers, Events, Networking and News
Women in Technology offers a service for female IT graduates to expand their knowledge base. Whilst attending events will there will be a chance to network and opportunities to help in finding an IT career.
- Biochemical Society Women in Science promotes and supports women working in the sciences or looking to develop a career in the sciences.
- Robogals the international student led organisation to encourage more school girls into science, engineering and technology by leading fun activities in primary and secondary schools.
- Where Women Want to Work is a free web service that helps women to find more information about an employer and what is on offer. Along with a CV submit service to help women find the right employer for them.
- Flexworks is a useful website which acts as a 'gateway' to flexible, part-time andjob-share roles via a specialist jobs board